About Beyond Finance
Beyond Finance is an exciting next generation FinTech company headquartered in Houston with additional offices in San Diego and Chicago. We provide easy-to-use and accessible financial products that aim to improve people’s lives. As the consumer debt market continues to grow in the United States, we have made it our goal to create a transparent and fair debt management service that is tailored to the individual consumer’s situation.
Our management team has extensive experience and expertise in the financial services and debt management market. We are reinventing the market by investing in innovative technologies to better serve our customers. Our workforce is a community of diverse and famous backgrounds who work toward the common goal of developing something transformational for the debt settlement industry.
About the role
As a Senior Data Analyst, you will work closely with end users to determine the data needs of the business area and discuss the meaning of the data coming from the source system. You will also come up with your own recommendations and ideas on what can be done with the data beyond the initial requirements.
You need to be prepared to dive deep into the data and understand the meaning, understand the peculiarities, and communicate both technically and commercially. You will work in partnership with the data warehouse team of architects to create useful data structures for multiple internal stakeholders that solve immediate needs and anticipate long-term issues. You will ensure that the definitions are documented and will act as a coach to other users of the data.
What you gonna do
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the data that exists in at least one system, including how data is produced and used by the application. This will involve examining the data by writing SQL and, examining the data for anomalies and patterns, and upholding popular opinion
- Have knowledge of creating a different data abstraction layer from the transaction system or the inbound system
- Document and map existing data structures from the feeder system to new organized data structures so that data engineers can use them for ETL (Exact, Transform, Load) work.
- Work with various business groups to understand their short and long term business needs and create a plan to deliver the data using the existing system or request the production of new data
- Lead the governance process ensuring that all stakeholders agree on the meaning of the data and that it is well documented
- Build the BI abstraction layer, providing the meaning created for BI reporting; ensure that BI access is taken into account when accessing data and reports
- Create BI reports as needed and train others in the ability to create BI reports, teaching them the concepts and complexities
- Maintain a data dictionary of definitions of tables, columns and possible values
What we are looking for:
- 3 to 5 years of professional experience in analytics, business intelligence or reporting
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in information systems, computer science, analytics, mathematics or similar discipline
- Understand relational databases, tables, columns, and data types
- Mastering complicated SQL writing
- Demonstrate proficiency in configuring reports in a BI tool such as PowerBI, Looker, Tableau or similar
- Be curious and skeptical as you examine the data to make sure it makes sense and adheres to popular opinion
- See the perspective of many business stakeholders and understand dimensional modeling
- Use excellent communication skills to work well with a wide range of stakeholders
- Facilitate meetings with stakeholders with the ability to reach consensus
Why join us?
We are looking for great people to join a fast paced, growing and innovative company. We offer:
- Significant employer contributions for health, dental and vision care programs
- Unlimited personal leave
- 401 (K) match
- Deserves advancement opportunities
- Career development and training
Most importantly, our team spirit and culture is what really sets us apart as a company. We’re a world-class financial technology company who love what we do… and we have fun doing it!
* Beyond Finance is an equal opportunity employer *
Read the full job description