Can I enter Kenya?
Kenya is open for tourism to all countries from April 2022. However, due to the current COVID-19 restrictions in place, only fully vaccinated travelers can enter Kenya for tourism.
All travelers must upload their COVID-19 related documents to Global port before leaving for Kenya.
Can I enter Kenya if I am vaccinated?
You can enter Kenya if you are fully vaccinated. You are considered fully vaccinated if you have received both doses of the double dose vaccine or one dose of the single dose vaccine at least 14 days prior to entering Kenya.
As of April 2022, there are seven vaccine drugs authorized in Kenya:
- Sputnik v
Travel documents if vaccinated
- A vaccination card uploaded in Global port
Can I enter Kenya unvaccinated?
Please note that unvaccinated foreign travelers are prohibited from entering Kenya for tourism.
The following categories of unvaccinated travelers may enter Kenya:
- Travelers with medical conditions that cannot be vaccinated can provide a letter from a recognized doctor detailing the medical reasons preventing vaccination
- People who have recovered from COVID-19 in the previous 90 days provide proof of infection
- Returning Kenyans are struggling to access vaccines in their current country of residence; You must register for vaccination on the Chanjo-Ke platform before departure in order to be vaccinated immediately upon arrival
Travel documents if vaccinated
If you fall under exceptions, you must provide the following:
- A suitable document explaining the lack of vaccination
- A negative PCR test certificate issued within 72 hours of departure
- A rapid antigen test upon arrival (costs $30)
Who is not allowed to enter Kenya?
From April 2022, all visitors are welcome in Kenya provided they meet the above entry requirements.
Can I leave Kenya?
There are no COVID-19 restrictions when traveling from Kenya. Find out in advance about the requirements for COVID-19 tests for vaccinated travelers in your destination country.
Can I leave Kenya if I am vaccinated?
There are no restrictions on vaccinated travelers leaving Kenya.
Travel documents if I am vaccinated
- A certificate of full vaccination against COVID-19 in paper or electronic format
Can I leave Kenya if I am not vaccinated?
Unvaccinated travelers can leave Kenya.
Travel documents if I am not vaccinated
- Certificate of recovery from COVID-19 (not older than 180 days before the date of crossing a specific country’s border)
- A negative COVID-19 test result (the relevant period and type of test may vary, please check destination country requirements)
COVID-19 situation in Kenya at present
The COVID-19 situation in Kenya is now moderate.
frequently asked Questions
Is it safe to travel to Kenya now?
It is now safe to travel to Kenya. As of March 2022, the Kenyan government has lifted basic COVID-19 regulations such as wearing masks in public and restrictions on public gatherings.
Is Nairobi open for travel?
Nairobi is open for travel. Please note that the COVID-19 regulations in the capital are the same as in the rest of the country.
Do I have to quarantine if I go to Kenya?
Currently you do not have to quarantine upon arrival in Kenya. Only unvaccinated travelers who test positive during the rapid antigen test on arrival will be subjected to self-isolation.
How do I get a health pass to travel to Kenya?
All travelers must register Global port before leaving for Kenya and upload their documents to this resource.
Visit our Travel Restrictions section on Kiwi.com Stories read more articles on travel restrictions